Disinfo is running a piece compiling evidence from mainstream news sources indicating that the govenment knew in advance “…that a devastating attack was in the works, that it would involve hijacked airplanes, and that it would occur inside the United States.”
1. Attorney General John Ashcroft stopped flying on commercial aircraft in July 2001.
2. The FAA refused to let author Salman Rushdie fly in North America starting the week before 9/11.
3. Four days before the attacks, Florida Governor Jeb Bush activated the National Guard, citing “acts of terrorism.”
4. On September 10, 2001, high-ranking Pentagon officials cancelled travel plans for the morning of September 11.
5. On September 10, 2001, San Francisco’s mayor was warned against flying to New York the next morning.
6. CIA Director George Tenet warned Congressmen of “an imminent attack on the United States of this nature.”
To me this stuff only indicates that multiple agencies knew something involving commercial planes was going to happen sometime. And let’s not forget this one: one U.S. intelligence agency was planning an exercise last Sept. 11 in which an errant aircraft would crash into one of its buildings.